At OCL business associates, we assist with the registration and processing of limited liability companies in Kenya, trademark registrations and company tax returns in Kenya and the east Africa regions. We provide a fast and reliable company formation service for clients in Kenya ,Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi ,south Sudan DRC Congo and international foreigners from different part of the world.
How to register a Private Limited company in Kenya.
we provide you with fast and reliable company registration and support services for your business. Any individual or group of people may register a limited company in Kenya for purposes of Business. Both locals and Foreign nationals may freely register a limited liability in Kenya without any restrictions. Contact OCL business associates to advance your business interest East Africa today.
Process for registration of a private limited company in Kenya.
- Name Search. The proposes company name has to be searched and reserved by the registrar of companies.
- Execution of forms CR1, CR2, CR8 and statement of Nominal capital. Once the name is approved and reserved. The company registration forms are executed and signed by the subscribers and directors of the company.
- Application for registration. – The application forms are then launched with the Registrar for registration.
- Registration and issuance of certificate of Incorporation.
- PIN application.
This application is done online via the individual e-citizen account. The application is done as one complete application before payments. Certificate of incorporation can be downloaded in the e-citizen portal after the registration by the registrar of companies.
What are the requirements for registering a private limited company Kenya?
To register a company in Kenya. The following are required.
- Proposed name of company.
- Nature of business and objectives of the company..
- Names of the Directors of the company.
- Names of the shareholders if different from the directors.
- Contact information of the directors and shareholders – Email address, Telephone number, postal address and residential addresses.
- Division of shares between the shareholders of the company.
- Class of shares issued by the company.
- Scans of Passport bio data and passport photo of directors and shareholders.
- Nominal capital of the company.
- Proposed physical address of the company.
- Proposed name of company.
- e- citizen account for the directors shareholder if no secretary appointed
If you don’t have a proposed office location we can provide that service for you. We do offer registered address services, virtual offices and registered warehouses
Can a foreigner register a private limited company in Kenya?
A foreign national wishing to register and own a company in Kenya may do so without a Kenyan director or shareholder.
However, there are certain sectors where Kenyan shareholding is required eg.
- Banking and financial Institutions.
- Betting Companies
- Recruitment companies
- Security Companies
How much does it cost to register a company in Kenya?
The cost of a company varies with the Nominal capital of the company. However, the basic Cost is Kshs 10,650.This amount is paid using m-pesa mobile money payments or a credit card for foreigner.
Can I register a company alone in Kenya?The New companies Act provides for a minimum of 1 Director / shareholder in a company, So there can be a sole director (shareholder) in a Kenya Company.
We also provide a whole range of post registration services to our clients.
- Foreign director PIN
- Company PIN
- Registered address services
- serviced warehouses
- serviced offices
- work permits
- special passes
How can I check if a company is registered in Kenya?
To check the registration status of a company in Kenya or to confirm if the company is registered you can conduct a search on the eCitizen portal for a CR12 or official search. A cr 12 is a documents showing the list of director shareholders, office location for the company and contact details for the company