A shelf company is created and left without any activity. The company can then be sold to a person or group of persons who wish to start a company without going through all the procedures of creating a new one.
This are basically companies duly incorporated and domiciled in Kenya and which comply with all provisions under the companies Act, but are dormant and ready for transfer to new owners.
The transfer involved a simple transfer of shares and appointment of new shareholders and directors.
Ready-made companies are used generally under urgency where you need to submit company details but you are not registered.
If you require and Company urgently, or simply do not have the time to
await a full incorporation service. This is an ideal option for you.
Why buy a ready-made shelf company?
- Saves you time – Time taken searching for a suitable name, registering for taxes, time taken during registration is saved when you buy an existing shelf company.
- Make money faster! – Once the long process of registration is bypassed, you can start operations immediately as the certificates and other company documents are ready. This enables your company to start making money faster.
- Do business with government – Most government offices when tendering frown upon new companies and give priority to older companies as they seem more established and less fraudulent.
- Ease of access to bank loans and credit – Establishing credit with line with banks, suppliers or investors is usually easier if the company is not newly registered
- Credibility – A company that is a few years old gives clients and supplier’s confidence to do business with it
Our comprehensive up-to-date list of shelf companies is available for you to search and reserve your choice.